Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cool Delicious Food Recipes images

A few nice delicious food recipes images I found:


Delicious food
delicious food recipes
Image by henry…
This was The Times's "Asparagus, prosciutto and egg pizza" recipe from last weekend, except that I completely ignored the quantities in the recipe and made pizza dough in the usual way (i.e. in our bread machine) rather than kneading it. Oh, and we didn't have tarragon, so I searched the garden for our Marjoram plants.Anyway, it was delicious. And then for pudding I made Creme Caramel - mmmm!


Wild Striped Bass with Tomatoes and Roasted Corn
delicious food recipes
Image by lucylarou
www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Andrew-Engles-Monta... Continuing with my taking advantage of heirloom tomato season, and my determination to eat fish with Jeff, I made this fish dish last night. I got the heirlooms at the farmer's market this past weekend. I'm partial to the orange ones, so used mostly those. The only bass they had at the grocery store was farmed, so I bought some wild dover sole instead. I didn't feel like trying to broil the corn so I just sauteed it in some olive oil until it got a little roasty. I also sauteed the onions because I'm not a huge fan of raw onion in food. The recipe was very easy and quick. The fish was very simply cooked in a pan with salt, pepper, butter, and olive oil. I put it all over some orzo. I found the sauce a little bland--it really needed more punch, maybe because I cooked the onion or maybe I misinterpreted the lemon zest (The recipe calls for a long curl of zest, which I interpreted as a long curl of peel. I think next time I'll just shred the zest.). I had leftovers today for lunch and added some balsamic vinegar to the sauce. It made all the difference. Now it's delicious. I also put it over some beluga lentils for lunch, which I think worked better than the orzo and also added some additional color to the dish. I'll definitely make this again with the changes above.


Potato, Leek, and Fennel Soup
delicious food recipes
Image by lucylarou
Potato, Leek, and Fennel Soup. www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Potato-Leek-and-Fen... I bought leeks at the farmer's market 3 Sundays ago and fennel at the market 2 Sundays ago and needed to use them for something. They were bought on a whim. So I found this great soup on Epicurious. It's really simple and only has 5 ingredients--butter, leeks, potatoes, fennel, and broth. And there are only 2 tablespoons of butter for all the vegetables, which makes it really healthy. I used No-Chicken Broth and Vegetable Broth bought at the store. One of these days I'm going to make my own vegetable broth but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I also used my new immersion blender, which was fantastic. It creamed up the vegetables incredibly quickly and easily. This soup is so smooth and delicious. And it makes a lot--I have several containers in my fridge waiting for lunches to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment