Monday, March 7, 2011

Cool Jamaican Food Recipes images

Some cool jamaican food recipes images:


Jamaican fricasee chicken, sorta
jamaican food recipes
Image by wynlok
Aug. 13'09
Vinnie told me about making this recipe but for some reason my sauce was not dark!
I used red peppers instead of "sweet pepper" and even added more soya sauce - I didn't know how to scale up because I didn't know the weight of the chicken I used. It was delicious nonetheless with the light sauce.


Jamaican Ox Tail with Chapati
jamaican food recipes
Image by She Who Shall Not Be Named
Both my parents are from Jamaica. They both have their accents, and while mom can turn hers off and on, dad sounds like he just got off Air Jamaica about 5 minutes ago. :) It wasn't until I got to college that I had American "soul food." And why would I? I grew up on some of the best Jamaican food, by THE absolute best Jamaican cook..my mom. :)

This dish is basically braised ox tails with lima beans in a rich and flavorful sauce. You would serve it with rice and peas (similar to red beans and rice, but not saucy at all), or dumpings (much different than what most Americans are familiar with). Since I suck at making both, I decided to borrow from India and several African countries and make chapati.

I don't have a recipe for the ox tail (typical with good island cooks, it's always a little of this, and a little of that), but I did find a recipe for the chapati from The Congo Cookbook and it's a solid recipe. Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment